TENCON 2022 will be organized in a hybrid mode. The conference agenda will follow HONG KONG LOCAL TIME. Please check your local time if you are attending online. All presenters are expected to be available at the scheduled presentation time for live presentations, regardless of presentation mode (in-person or virtual).
(A) Oral Onsite Presentation
- Report to the session hall/room at least 10 min before the session starts.
- Please report to the session chair so that they can invite you to make your presentation at the right time.
- Upload the powerpoint file to the PC provided in the session room/hall. The computers in the presentation rooms will use Microsoft Windows 10 with Microsoft 365 installed. Projector ratio is 16:9.
- The presentation is 15 min including Q & A
- Since paper presentation may not be in sequence due to the absence of other presenters or due to any other reasons. Please be present in the session when starts.
(B) Oral Virtual Presentations
- Each session will be presented in its own unique virtual conference room, to accompany the physical meeting room.
- The conference will be using Zoom web conferencing platform. If you have never used Zoom before, please visit Zoom’s instruction guides on joining a meeting in Zoom: Joining a Zoom meeting – Zoom Support
- Zoom links will be sent to authors around 1 week before the conference starts.
- Before your session, please check your equipment, eg:
- Internet connection
- Test audio and video and if your camera and microphone are working properly. You can also test our your equipment from inside the Zoom app by clicking on Setting èAudio or Settings èVideo.
- Test your “share screen” function.
- Ensure your laptop is plugged in, and close all other open applications and windows on your computer if necessary to avoid interruption and distraction.
- Adjust your camera level, make sure your audience is looking at your face instead of the top of your head etc.
- When you do the presentation, please note the image works best when you present in front of a bare wall with no bright light behind you.
- The meeting room will be open 30-min before the scheduled session. Please login the session before the session starts and test your webcam and your audio, as well as ‘Share” screen function. The session moderator/helper will be present to assist with your preparation 30 min before the session start.
- Please also rename yourself as Session number followed by your name and add the word “Presenter”. For example, if you are presenting in T11A, please rename yourself to T11A – David Chan (Presenter).
- Your presentation will be conducted as scheduled. Each session will proceed in the order in the conference schedule. Please therefore join the session at the start, as the schedule might be carried forward just in case.
- When you are invited to make the presentation, please share your screen that contains the presentation materials.
- Each presentation comprises of a 15-min presentation including Q&A. Audience microphones will be muted during your presentations, but will be unmuted during Q&A. Virtual audience also have the option of raising questions via the Zoom chat box. On-site attendees may ask questions directly in the meeting room. Session chair will read out the questions to the speaker who will then respond live.
- After finishing the presentation, remember to stop sharing your presentation material such that the next speaker can start the presentation.
Zoom Practice Room
The Organising Committee will set up a Zoom Practice Room on 31 October 2022 for you to prepare your Zoom presentation in a stress-free environment. You can rehearse, including sharing your screen, giving your presentation, advancing your slides and testing your mic and speakers for optimum participation during the meeting. TENCON helpers will be available to assist and answer questions. Zoom Practice Room opening hours:
|31 October (Monday)||1000-1200 hrs
To access the Zoom practice room link will be sent to authors around 1 week before the conference starts.
Tips for a successful online presentation
- Test your zoom connection ahead of time, especially your audio and video.
- Ensure your microphone, headphone or speakerphone is near you.
- Mute your Zoom session or phone when not in use.
- Avoid bright lights and windows behind you.
- Good light in front of you (on your face) will provide a better image.
- Test any virtual backgrounds that you may be utilizing to ensure there are no video irregularities.
(C) Poster Presentations
The Organizing Committee will print out all posters for display on site. All poster presenters please upload your one page pdf via Easychair on or before October 16, 2022: Login to Easychair and locate your submission. Click the “Add or Udpate File” on the top right column, and you’ll see a field to upload your poster. The poster size be A0 size (841mm x 1189mm) portrait. It should display the paper title and authors and affiliations. The message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation, and readable by viewers 5ft away.
Posters received after October 16, 2022 will be considered not participating in TENCON 2022 and their papers will not be included in the proceedings.